Monday, July 2, 2012

The Crew: Katie Duncan


Hi, I’m Katie Duncan.  I currently teach 7th grade science in Amarillo, Texas at Sam Houston Middle School.  This will be my 9th year of teaching, anything from science, math, special education, middle school and high school.  I am currently working on my Master’s of Science degree from Texas Tech University.  Go Red Raiders!!  I am so excited that getting my Masters has allowed me the opportunity for this research trip to Belize.  I am a military brat, so I got to see tons of places growing up, but my students who live in the panhandle of West Texas have never seen the ocean, and some never will, most will never leave the neighborhood they are growing up in, so to be able to bring back a Marine environment to them, pictures, experiences, research data, is going to be amazing.  My kids are wonderful and to be able to expand their world and knowledge even a little my taking this trip is so worth it.  I am looking forward to having my kids work with the fish identification and some of the data that I bring back to the classroom.  This trip is about what I will be able to bring back for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment